Friday 13 July 2012

L'oréal Dermo-Expertise Absolute Make-up Remover.

I don't know why but in the last couple of weeks my face has decided to break out. My already oily skin has started to get worse, my red tones are even brighter and I've started to get spots everywhere. I decided to change my daily cleansing routine to try and sort this out. I started with getting a different makeup remover. 



I didn't look up reviews on any products this time, as I wanted to get something on a whim and see how it worked out. I went into Superdrug and looked at all the different brands they had. For some reason, this stood out to me. The bottle is a different shape to most, but the most eye-catching feature is the two toned liquid. The back of the bottle states "The blue phase, enriched with gentle oils, instantly removes waterproof and long-lasting makeup. The clear phase is a soft lotion to leave your skin with a pleasant fresh sensation". I was a bit worried about adding extra oils to my face, but decided to take a chance. 

The makeup remover is more or less scentless, something I was pleased about. With other removes sometimes the scent is overpowering and hurts my eyes. Unfortunately when applying the remover, I noticed how greasy it felt on my skin, despite the 'non-greasy' label. It added extra shine to my face and I didn't like the feeling it left me with. However, it did remove all traces of my makeup with ease. After about ten minutes the oils sunk into my skin and the greasy feeling was gone. In the morning, my face did feel soft and refreshed. 

The product does what it says and did minimalise the red tones in my face, but I'm not sure I can get over the grease it left on my face. It did only last for about ten minutes, but all I wanted to do during that time was scrub it off. If other people are not bothered by this sensation then I would certainly recommend this product, I just don't think it's for me.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. ahh, I'm looking for a new make-up remover, but i don't think the greasy feeling would be for me!:( Thanks for the review!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I should really buy an actual make up remover. I just use make up remover face wipes, how naughty of me haha, a lot of products bring my skin out in spots though, so this works for me!

    Just found your blog through the BBU Blog hop, now following, hope you can check out my blog too?

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I normally use makeup wipes, through ease more than anything! I need to try anything to chill out my skin though!
      Thanks, followed back! xo

      Delete
  3. I use a L'oreal eye make-up remover and really love it so it's good to hear the rest of their products aren't too bad, I can't stand that greasy feeling on my face either so I know what you mean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's annoying! /: This product is so good apart from that though, made my skin feel so soft! xo

      Delete