Sunday 18 November 2012

Superdrug Expertise Salt Spray


I've changed my style a bit over the past couple of months, and instead of having my hair straight every day, I've started to prefer it being wavy. It always ends up that way from the winter wind anyway!

I have the weirdest natural hair ever. It's straight right until the tips, then they flick and curl and I pretty much have no control of them. They're pretty hard to tame so I usually end up straightening them out and then styling neater ones back in,  effort! I've heard about salt sprays before but I've never really bothered one. I decided to pick up a cheap one incase I didn't like it. I've liked things out of the superdrug own range before and for £2.50 you can't really go wrong. I applied it to my hair after I had washed it and left it to dry naturally. I did notice a difference, but I wasen't overly impressed. My flicks were somewhat more acceptable, but I still felt the need to straighten it a bit. As you can see from the picture, it pretty much just curved in. I saw Jayde's review on a more expensive salt spray and her hair looked lovely, so I'm gonna buy that when I get some more money and see if it works any better. Waves for winter!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I forgot about salt spray! I need some oomph to my hair, and the umberto gianni salt spray is pretty good! Beach hair is the best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is so thick but the top always sits flat, so I definitely know what you mean about giving it oomph! Ooh thanks, I'll give it a go! :) xo

      Delete
  2. beautiful hair *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and it didn't float my boat. Don't get me wrong, it was okay, but it didn't really make all that much difference to my hair either.

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get what you mean! I'm gonna take the plunge and get a more expensive one and hope for the best. xo

      Delete
  4. i havent tried it. I want to try salt spray though, i want to do something different with my hair xx

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the greatest, I wanna try the 'fudge' one, I'll post a review when I take the plunge! xo

      Delete
  5. I've not tried this but I've never been impressed with any Superdrug own, the dry shampoo is awful. I use and love the Toni and Guy salt spray x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried their own hair wax and it wasn't that bad but I wasn't impressed with this at all :( Oooh thanks, I'll give it a go! xo

      Delete